Getting Data In

Splunk php sdk error fopen (https://localhost:8089/services/auth/login): failed to open stream: operation failed

funnsoup

Getting started with the Splunk API using php and am encountering this issue. Curl works with -k as one would expect. Login to web ui works on port 8000?

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

fopen is usually FILE open, and I only use it when reading/writing to file system.??? I'm no Python pro... So it appears that you may be using the sdk incorrectly. Can you please show your code?

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
0 Karma

funnsoup

Hello jkat54,

I'm using the index.php from the php sdk examples. Just following the docs at this point. I have copied settings.default.php to settings.local.php as is described using my login credentials.

Thanks for looking at this.

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Are you using the latest version of splunk enterprise 6.3.2?

0 Karma

funnsoup

Using 6.3.3

looking at splunkd.log this might be a ssl/tls error

02-10-2016 18:11:42.796 -0700 WARN HttpListener - Socket error from 127.0.0.1 while idling: error:14094418:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:tlsv1 alert unknown ca

0 Karma

funnsoup

index.php

<h4 class="alert-heading">Examples Unconfigured.</h4>
You are using the default name and password. Please copy the
<strong>settings.default.php</strong> file in this directory to
<strong>settings.local.php</strong> and edit it appropriately.

<h4 class="alert-heading">Login Failed.</h4>
Reason: <code><?php echo htmlspecialchars($loginFailReason); ?></code>

Examples

settings.local.php

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Are you doing this on a web server with php installed etc? Or just opening the example in a browser?

0 Karma

funnsoup

This is on a locally installed web server. apache2. Running out of a user directory for simplicity at this moment.

Thanks.

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Cool I'll give it a shot in the same configuration after I kick this stomach bug...

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Login to the web UI defaults to 8000, the REST API defaults to 8089.

0 Karma

funnsoup

Understood. Using 8089 for default rest api. Just stating that there is functionality of the system.

Error in title shows port 8089 is being used.

Thanks Martin for looking at this.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...