Getting Data In

Splunk not accepting data from forwarder

anupamdt

I have installed Splunk universal forwarder on my local system where the enterprise instance is installed. After installing the forwarder I have done the required configurations as well but now I can see any data received from the forwarder. When I check the splunkd.log file I can see some messages like "TcpOutputProc - Tcpout Processor: The TCP output processor has paused the data flow. Forwarding to output group default-autolb-group has been blocked for 1430 seconds. This will probably stall the data flow towards indexing and other network outputs. Review the receiving system's health in the Splunk Monitoring Console. It is probably not accepting data."

0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I have installed Splunk universal forwarder on my local system where the enterprise instance is installed ///

Did you install universal forwarder on the local system where also Splunk Enterprise (Splunk indexer) is installed?!?! On the same single system?!?!

0 Karma

anupamdt

Yes both of them are installed on the same system.

0 Karma

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Did you enable Splunk to listen on port 9997?

If so, you can start with this link

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.6.2/Troubleshooting/Cantfinddata

0 Karma

anupamdt

I have enabled splunk to listen on 9997 port.
My input.conf looks like below:
[default]
host = DUTTAAN2
[splunktcp://9997]
disabled = 0
stopAcceptorAfterQBlock = 1200

The output.conf like:

[tcpout]
defaultGroup = default-autolb-group
indexAndForward = 0

[tcpout:default-autolb-group]
disabled = 0
server = localhost:9997

[tcpout-server://localhost:9997]

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...