Getting Data In

Splunk for Windows on a Splunk Cluster

agodoy
Communicator

Has anyone does this yet? I am looking to see what pieces should be installed in the search pears and what pieces on the search head. Do I need to install the App twice (once on search head and once to search peers)?

So far I have a Windows Forwarder with the Windows TA sending data to Splunk Cluster. I can search the Windows data from the search head. However, when I use the Windows App, some of the widgets are not populating as expected. Also, the drop down are not populating.

Any ideas?

0 Karma
1 Solution

agodoy
Communicator

Never mind. I just had to be patient and wait for the lookup tables to build. Works as expected.

View solution in original post

agodoy
Communicator

Never mind. I just had to be patient and wait for the lookup tables to build. Works as expected.

jbernt_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hello!

Where is the Windows app installed if not on the search head?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...