Getting Data In

Splunk addon for Jboss vs addon for Tomcat

seancruikshanki
Explorer

I have several Jboss web servers that I would like to perform monitoring on with Splunk. I've been doing research into the addons for JMX/Tomcat and Jboss. I was wondering which is the preferable addon for the monitoring of Jboss Web Servers ?

0 Karma
1 Solution

niketn
Legend

@seancruikshankidelta, one of things I can mention is that Splunk Add-on from Tomcat is built/supported by Splunk and certified, which means it can be reused for several Splunk Apps like ITSI, Enterprise Security etc and it will remain supported with latest Splunk Enterprise.

You can read about the Add-on Documentation to confirm whether you are interested in the data it ingests to Splunk: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/AddOns/released/Tomcat/About

View solution in original post

niketn
Legend

@seancruikshankidelta, one of things I can mention is that Splunk Add-on from Tomcat is built/supported by Splunk and certified, which means it can be reused for several Splunk Apps like ITSI, Enterprise Security etc and it will remain supported with latest Splunk Enterprise.

You can read about the Add-on Documentation to confirm whether you are interested in the data it ingests to Splunk: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/AddOns/released/Tomcat/About

seancruikshanki
Explorer

Yes I thought so, this is the add-on I chose and it seems like it will do the job quite nicely, thank you for the information !

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

Cheers!!! Let me convert to answer so that you can accept and mark as answered. 🙂

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...