Getting Data In

Splunk Translation issues

Twagner79
Explorer

Good morning all, 

I am still new to Splunk configuration and was lucky enough to inherit a mostly functional setup. Right now, the main issue I am having is converting the SIDs to their respective user names.  The evt_resolve_ad_obj = 1 fix did not work. Any other insight as to what could fix this problem would help me a lot. Thanks in advance! 

Labels (4)
0 Karma
1 Solution

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Twagner79,

There is not much data you gave us for help. Are you using Universal Forwarder to get windows data? I assume it is Windows Security event logs? Did you put evt_resolve_ad_obj into your inputs on your Universal Forwarders? Are you using Deployment Server ? Did you restart Universal Forwarder after his setting?

If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.

View solution in original post

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Twagner79,

There is not much data you gave us for help. Are you using Universal Forwarder to get windows data? I assume it is Windows Security event logs? Did you put evt_resolve_ad_obj into your inputs on your Universal Forwarders? Are you using Deployment Server ? Did you restart Universal Forwarder after his setting?

If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.

Twagner79
Explorer

Hey scelikok, yes your solution worked. Sorry for the lack of details, I can only share so much. Thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...