Getting Data In

Splunk GET to fatch data from some website with login

Chandras11
Communicator

Hi Everyone,

I have an online reporting tool, which can generate the report and download it my system as excel.
I recently learned about the Splunk GET method. Is there a way, by which I can use GET to go inside this online reporting tool, just click on a certain button and download the report to my system.
If not GET then do we have any other app /forwarder which is capable of doing the same task.

Thanks a lot for your time and effort.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@Chandras11 check out REST API Modular Input App from Splunkbase.

Chandras11
Communicator

Thanks, @niketnilay 🙂 I am going through the app

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, please see my app called TA-webtools and its urlencode / curl commands:

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3420/#/details

You will need to use another tool such as telerik's fiddler to see what "GET" is made when you click on the button in your external tool. Then you'll have to wire that up with the | curl command in ta-webtools. This will bring all the data into the search pipeline as a field called curl_response or curl_results.

So yes, it can be done, but it requires a bit of knowledge on how to create / script web requests, etc.

Chandras11
Communicator

Thanks a lot for this answer. Let me go through this app and functionality. I already have experience with python and I am learning the scripting as well. Hope for the best 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...