Getting Data In

Splunk Fundamental Module 4 Lab

supyaetun

After uploading the 3 files as per the instructions, I am supposed to see my events but there is nothing on the page even when I am logged in as admin or power user. 

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

etmaurer
Observer

Same here...uploaded 3 files into Splunk w/o issue but they don't appear as having been so as nothing to search upon.  Expanded data to "all time" as well.

Ed in Tampa

0 Karma

etmaurer
Observer

Ok, found an email address to Splunk Education team (elearn@splunk.com) ...and submitted my question; here is the response:

"Hello Ed,

You may proceed to the next module/lab. The information indicating the number of events to indexed does not appear on this page in this version of Splunk.

Mike Halladay

IOD Technical Support Engineer"

I have since been able to perform a search & find data from these 3 lab files.  BTW, I'm running the Windows version on my desktop.

Hope this helps somebody, I could have used this guidance last week.

Ed in Tampa

0 Karma

aasabatini
Motivator

Hi,

try to expand your timerange and if you don't specify the index name splunk automatically puts your data on the index=main.

“The answer is out there, Neo, and it’s looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to.”
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...