Getting Data In

Splunk Forwarder License

heterodyned
Path Finder

I recently copied the splunk-forwarder.license details mentioned in our indexer to splunk.license (into one of our forwarders), but for some reason the expiry for splunk-forwarder license shows 30 days where as our enterprise license validation is upto Sept 5,2284

Would this automatically refresh? or is there something wrong in my steps

Thanks

Raghu

Tags (1)
1 Solution

jrodman
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I believe we shipped an errant -- expiring -- license for splunk-forwarder.license in one of our downloads? Please download a current version. You can always snarf a splunk-forwarder.license out of a tar or zip. (Sorry for lame response, internal system to search for the version is down right now.)

View solution in original post

heterodyned
Path Finder

What would be the procedure to replace that Splunk-Forwarder licensE? I believe I need to replace the existing splunk-forwarder license with new one and then restart the splunk services in order to copy it across all forwarderS?

0 Karma

jrodman
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I believe we shipped an errant -- expiring -- license for splunk-forwarder.license in one of our downloads? Please download a current version. You can always snarf a splunk-forwarder.license out of a tar or zip. (Sorry for lame response, internal system to search for the version is down right now.)

Jason
Motivator

This one includes the proper license, if you don't want to download and untar an entire package: http://answers.splunk.com/questions/12167

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...