Getting Data In

Splunk 8.2 default Python3 not workin with File/Directory Information Input

markturner14
Explorer

Hi @LukeMurphey1  / @LukeMurphey1 

I have recently started using your "File/Directory Information Input" app.

I believe that it does not work with splunk python3 - which is the default version in splunk8.  Is this something that you still work on and maintain?

I have been able to get it working if I set splunk system/server.conf to "python.version = python2".  It would be better though if I could set this within the app and not splunk system wide.

In general it has been working for me when I use within a UF that has the latest version of python2,  so 2.7.5-89 works in Linux.

It does have some issues around the 'file_filter` when filtering, this again seemed to work closer to as expected for me when python2 was patched to latest minor release version of 2.7.5-89

But when it works it is great and does exactly what I want, so thank you very much

regards

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have you tried setting python.version = python2 in the [install] stanza of the app's local/app.conf file?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have you tried setting python.version = python2 in the [install] stanza of the app's local/app.conf file?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

markturner14
Explorer

Many thanks @richgalloway,  yes that works.

ta

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...