Getting Data In

Solar winds to splunk cloud integration

Shiva

Hi Every1,

Need help on how to integrate solarwinds to splunk cloud  or splunk enterprise ? As I seen addon is not support by splunk support. Suggest best possible ways !!

0 Karma

deepakc
Builder

If the app is not supported, you could still use it, but that's a risk you have to take. 

Other options are, look at the Solarwind application and find out what methods does it offer in terms of sending data to other systems, this could be syslog, logs files, API, once you understand this, you need to look at the options you have in Splunk, so look at using a Universal forwarder with syslog file collection, or use the UF to collect logs files, or send data from the Solarwinds app to a Splunk HEC endpoint.

After this you can develop your TA to work on the props and transforms to format the data, into Splunk events.

Also try and understand the data you want, example, is it alerts, inventory, etc.   

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...