Getting Data In

Setup deployment server and a heavy forwarder.

athorat3

we have a clustered environment 6 indexers , 3 search heads , 1 Cluster Master, License Server, Deployment Server on one machine and a heavy forwarder

I need to configure a heavy forwarder and a deployment server on a standalone VM.
What would be the config changes should be looked into if I copy over the splunk files from the existing Splunk Forwarder.

I want to have a deployment server and the Heavy Forwarder on this VM. Files which I am planning to use are from heavy forwarder.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Karma

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

Hi, you want to migrate / move the existing Deployment Server and HF to a new VM, right? or you want to configure HF and DS freshly on the new VM?
also depends on how your existing environment is configured(how much data daily you ingest, how much license volume, how many apps, how complex is ur environment).

0 Karma

athorat3

I want to add one more VM with a heavy forwarder and a Deployment Server. The existing one will remain as is.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...