Getting Data In

Scripted VB Input with Linux Indexers

Hazel
Communicator

Hello

We run a Splunk system where our Indexers are all on Linux and our forwarders are light forwarders across Windows and Linux.

I have a VB script that I need to pass into Splunk. However, VB isn't going to work on a Linux indexer.

Has anyone got any suggestions? Is there a way to do our scripted input via one of our Windows forwarders? I need to get this data from the script into Splunk

Hazel

Tags (1)

ftk
Motivator

Put the scripted input on your actual Windows forwarders. Simply follow the steps for setting up a scripted input in the documentation.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...