Getting Data In

SQS-Based-S3 Input for Cloudtrail black list events

pstephens93
Explorer

I'm currently using SQS Based s3 input for cloudtrail and I'm trying to drop nosey events such as GET and LIST.
The documentation says the standard input supports exclude_describe_events and blacklist to filter out unwanted events which I set but after further looking into it it seems that a props/transform is needed. 

I have configured the following in props and transforms

props.conf 
[aws:cloudtrail]
TRANSFORMS-filter = eventsDrop

transforms.conf
#Filters out events that are not needed

[eventsDrop]
REGEX = "^Describe|Get|List\p{Lu}|LookupEvents"
DEST_KEY = queue
FORMAT = nullQueue                  

I tested the regex and it matches events but the events are not being dropped as expected. This is on a HF as that collects the logs before going into indexers 

Labels (3)
0 Karma

dwhitehead

I tried the same thing and found the same issue. I think the blacklist config is only compatible with the cloudtrail input NOT the sqs_based_s3 input. Really unfortunate as I wanted to switch to role based cloudtrail logging rather than aws account. Please put this on your bug litst Splunk.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...