Getting Data In

Route for different indexes on same file

standias
Explorer

Hi my scenario is: I monitor a file called apps.txt on forwarder side & index it to index=app on Indexer side. I filter out all logs for those that contain App/app & DROP others via nullQueue.

A newer requirement has come up that, I need to now have another index 'alarms' that contain all logs with term alarms from my SAME monitored file i.e apps.txt .(I will send these both logs to same forward server but in different indexes app & alarms). I could just set a regex for alarms send it to different receive group from my props.conf, but how will it then get indexed to 'alarms' index.

Since i have already set a transform for it as retain logs containing term app, index them to app & drop other; how will I further route 'alarms' logs to different index=alarms. Setting a different monitor & different regex will lead to ambiguity??

Here is my current conf:

==============inputs.conf

[monitor://D:\LOGS\apps.txt ]

sourcetype= s_app

index = app

==============props.conf

[s_app]

TRANSFORMS-routing2 = Appredirect

TRANSFORMS-movetonull = notApp

==============transforms.conf

[Appredirect]

REGEX=.*([Aa][Pp][Pp])

DEST_KEY=_TCP_ROUTING

FORMAT=APP

[notApp]

REGEX=^((?![Aa][Pp][Pp]).)*$

DEST_KEY=queue

FORMAT=nullQueue

==============outputs.conf

[tcpout:APP]

server = 172.23.2.2:8100

Tags (1)
0 Karma

dwaddle
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This answer might help you with this:

http://answers.splunk.com/questions/1958/cant-route-forwarded-data-to-different-index/1964#1964

You should be able to apply a transform at the indexer that, based upon a regex of the raw event, changes the index value.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...