Getting Data In

Restarting Splunk Forwarders with Powershell

zacharyhatsis

Can anyone give me some insight into why this script might not be working? I'm fairly new to powershell, so i'm sure its somethign simple:

$serverlist =
"C:\Users\zh\Desktop\serverlist.txt"
Get-Content $serverlist |
foreach($comp in
$serverlist){Invoke-Command
-ComputerName $_ -FilePath "C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\bin\splunk.exe"
-ArgumentList restart -verbose}

I tried using the splunk powershell kit, and didn't have a lot of luck getting the commands to work without debugging it, so I figured this shoudl be a simple one-liner on powershell to fix on my own rather than debugging the kit. Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Karma

bdlabs
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Try "restart-service splunk*" instead of "-FilePath "C:Program FilesSplunkUniversalForwarderbinsplunk.exe"
-ArgumentList restart -verbose"

zacharyhatsis

$serverlist = "C:\Users\zh\Desktop\serverlist.txt"
foreach ($server in Get-Content $serverlist) {Invoke-Command -ScriptBlock {"C:\program files\splunkuniversalforwarder\bin\splunk.exe restart"} -ComputerName $server -verbose}

0 Karma

sbrant_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

FYI, you can either escape the slashes in your answer or highlight the "code" portion of your answer and click the "code sample" (1s and 0s) button on the formatting menu.

zacharyhatsis

for some reason the backslashes get removed from this thread. they are all there for the directory names.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...