Getting Data In

Problem with Splunk App upload

simony
Path Finder

Hello together

I've been trying for hours to upload a new Splunk App on Splunkbase.
Unfortunately this does not work because every time I get the following message:

Application must contain an app.conf in /default

What am I doing wrong? The app.conf in the default directory exist and is as follows:

[ui]
is_visible = 1
label = Splunk for Puppet

[install]
state = enabled

[launcher]
version = 1.0
description = The Splunk App Splunk for Puppet allows you to monitor and manage the whole puppet environment. With various reports and representations you can filter out errors, see what is runn in the puppet environment and can view various reports over several days.
author = Yanick Simon, PostFinance AG

[package]
id = puppet
check_for_updates = 0

Is something wrong with this config?

Thanks for your quick help.
Regards, Yanick

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

simony
Path Finder

Oh, you have right. Thanks for your input.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

simony
Path Finder

Oh, you have right. Thanks for your input.

0 Karma

simony
Path Finder

Your input was certainly a little help. Nevertheless I had to open a case with splunk. They have then created my app package new. The reason why i can't upload the package first they did not tell me. But at the end I could upload the package.

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

So... what was the actual problem that stopped you from uploading the app?

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Unrelated to the actual issue, but I believe that app would violate the Splunkbase naming conventions: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunkbase/current/User/Naming

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...