Getting Data In

Parse multiple default or initial Values to Text form input

GGMJhgitR

Hello Community,

My Problem:

I have a Dashboard, where I want to parse multiple default or initial Values to a Text Form Input.
I know I could use a checkbox or a multiselect input, but in my Case that won't help because there are to many Values. (Then the input box will take Place over my whole Screen)

For Example I want this:

<label>Enter a Service</label>
  <prefix>(</prefix>
  <suffix>)</suffix>
  <valuePrefix>service="</valuePrefix>
  <valueSuffix>"</valueSuffix>
  <delimiter> OR </delimiter>
  <choice value="HTTP">"HTTP"</choice>
  <choice value="FTP">"FTP"</choice>
  <choice value="SMTP">"SMTP"</choice>
  <choice value="SMB">"SMB"</choice>
  <choice value="udp_445">"UDP_445"</choice>
  <choice value="tcp_445">"TCP_445"</choice>
  <choice value="tcp_8080">"TCP_8080"</choice>
  <initialValue>HTTP,FTP,SMTP,SMB,udp_445,tcp_445,tcp_8080</initialValue>

Like in this Example (last Line) I want to parse multiple (But not all) Values to an Input but instead of using a Checkbox or a Multiselect input I want to have it as a Text Form Input.

Or can I for example set up a Variable with all the needed Values and use the Variable as the default/initial Value?

Sorry for my bad English and thanks in advance. 🙂

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

You can specify a comma separated list of values as default/initial value for a text box, like this

<input type="text" token="field1">
      <label>field1</label>
      <default>one, two, three, four</default>
    </input>   

How do you plan to use this?

0 Karma

GGMJhgitR

Thanks for the quick reply. But this didn't seems to work for me.

I want to search, in the logs comming from the Firewall, for entries that contain specified PolicyIDs(specified by the default value of the user Input or by the Input that a user types in). Because there are so many IDs i can't use multiselect or a checkbox, because that will fill the whole screen and the user didn't have a real overview, if he has to select between 50 or more checkboxes.

What i basically want is this:

<input type="text" token="policyid">
      <label>Enter a Policy ID</label>
  <default>1, 2, 3, 4, ...</default>
      </input> 

In my search string i've tried both.

policyid=$policyid$ (For a Text Form input) and $policyid$ (For a Multiselect or Checkbox input).

But this didn't seems to work.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...