Getting Data In

Parse JSON file from Emerging Threats rules.

xfaith

So I am trying to parse the description of the ET Rules which is downloaded as json.gz So it should be a JSON file but it's not taking the default JSON sourcetype, it's showing it as one file.

The beginning of the file starts with a {
Its rule starts like this "2012742":{

And each rule ends like this: :"2012742"},

I have tried to do line breaks, indexed extractions=json,
I thought BREAK_AFTER= },

But I am not good with regex and so it's not working.

Thanks for any assistance.

Tags (3)
0 Karma

xfaith

Thanks.

Using it to provide details on the the ET rules sets I use on sensors. Trying to tie in rules/usage/and details of the rules together. Hoping that it gives a better view of the total rule sets instead of just loading the newest ones. I want to see what they are, which are disabled, which are enabled, and what they do.

I have something like it being used for Snort Rules, just could not figure out how to use it for the ET Description. Will give this a try soon.

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion
[ ET_json ]
CHARSET=UTF-8
INDEXED_EXTRACTIONS=none
KV_MODE=json
SHOULD_LINEMERGE=false
category=Structured
description=json
disabled=false
pulldown_type=true
LINE_BREAKER=(({|,)\"\d+\":){
SEDCMD-trim = s/}}/}/g
TRUNCATE=0
DATETIME_CONFIG=CURRENT

What do you use this data for? Please tell me.

creation date is better for _time ,I think.
but you should modify indexes.conf

I don't know much about it, so I decided to stay in the present for now

https://conf.splunk.com/files/2017/slides/splunk-data-life-cycle-determining-when-and-where-to-roll-...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...