Getting Data In

Not able to upload a file to splunk, getting oneshotwriter error?

Harish
Observer

Hi Team,

I am not able to upload a local log file to my local Splunk getting below error in splunkd.log

OneShotWriter failed to insert data to parsingQueue. Timed out in 5000 milliseconds.

can someone please help me with this.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Karma

Harish
Observer

I have tried uploading the file in two ways

1. GUI : In Splunk web UI, I have selected Add Data -> File Upload -> Browse -> File [Not working got the above mentioned error in log]

2. Command : try to upload using below commands
     1. ./splunk add oneshort <file-path> -index <index name>  [No luck here as well]

2. Added file to splunk spool folder and tried below command
           ./splunk spool <file-path> -index <index-name> [No luck either]

0 Karma

Harish
Observer

And getting this error message continuously in logs

Missing or malformed messages.conf stanza for TCPOUT:FORWARDING_BLOCKED___default-autolb-group_CSLTP-069_10

Thanks

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Harish,

are you speaking of upload using GUI or input?

if using GUI probably your file is large or there's a slow connection (or both!) and the connection timeouted.

if using input, could you share your input?

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...