Getting Data In

Not able to read CSV from Universal forwarder

shugup2923
Path Finder

I am trying to read csv from one of my universal forwareder, below is my inputs file

[monitor://D:\DUMP\Updated_Dump*.CSV]
sourcetype=csv
disabled=false
index=xyz
crcSalt=

After checking splunkd log getting below events
INFO TailingProcessor - Adding watch on path: D:\DUMP
INFO TailingProcessor - Parsing configuration stanza: monitor://D:\DUMP\Updated_Dump*.CSV

Please let me know how this can be resolved.

0 Karma

koshyk
Super Champion

as per logs, it seems it is reading the log file.
what's the search you using to search the data? Have a search across all your splunk for some keyword from CSV. It might have come up as another sourcetype or different index

index=* sourcetype=* <somekeyword_from_csv_file> earliest=-1000d latest=+100d | stats count by sourcetype,index

run btool on sourcetype csv for props.conf & transforms.conf to check if it is getting overridden somewhere.

0 Karma

shugup2923
Path Finder

I am using basic search - index=xyz sourcetype=csv

0 Karma

skalliger
Motivator

Those are informational messages, I don't see an error. Also, don't set a crcSalt if you don't need any.
The file is not getting ingested? Any WARN or ERROR messages from TailingProcessor in your log?

Skalli

0 Karma

shugup2923
Path Finder

crcSalt= is there, pasting error .
file is not getting ingested, can't see my data in search head, anyway to troubleshoot ?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...