Getting Data In

New to Splunk cloud and EC2 universal forwarder install help- where is the credential file?

jcorcoran508
Path Finder

New to Splunk cloud and EC2 universal forwarder install -  

I am reading that the Cloud Universal Forwarder on Linux needs a credential file ?

where is the credential file  location ?

Or is it just the same on Splunk on premise Universal Forwarder installs ?

The more I research the more I get confused.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @jcorcoran508,

Universal Forwarders installation is always the same.

The only difference is that you don't need to address the Indexers.

For this, you have to download from Splunk Cloud an app to use for the connection with your Splunk Cloud instance.

If you use a Deployment Server to manage Forwarders, you have to add the DS address to deploymentclient.conf file.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The credential file for your UFs is on your Splunk Cloud search head.  Go to the Universal Forwarder app and click the green Download button to get it.  Follow the instructions to install the file on the UF.

You'll also need to make sure your security groups allow connections from the UF to Splunk Cloud.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...