Getting Data In

Need script to send logs to netcool

marees123
Path Finder

I'm using the below query as MuS suggested,

*swt* "changed state to" */*/* | rex "(?i) Interface (?P[^,]+)" | rex "(?i)changed state to (?P.+)" | table host, AnInterface, UpDown, _time | sort -_time | reverse

Could any one please provide the script, so that splunk will send the below logs to netcool.

data1swt0001    GigabitEthernet1/0/1    down    2015-01-24 23:48:38
data1swt0001    GigabitEthernet1/0/1    down    2015-01-24 23:48:38

data1swt0001    GigabitEthernet1/0/1    up  2015-01-24 23:52:08
data1swt0001    GigabitEthernet1/0/1    up  2015-01-24 23:52:08

Thanks....

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

MuS
Legend

Hi marees123,

I don't think this is going to happen....because:

• One must know how this could be done
  • What netcool is and how it can receive external data
  • Create a custom search command that reads in the Splunk search result, process the events and sends it over what ever technique to this netcool

Lots to do for you, you can start here by reading the docs about a custom search command http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.1/AdvancedDev/Searchscripts

I know this not your expected answer, but it's like this - we all can help, but we will not do your work 😉

cheers, MuS

View solution in original post

MuS
Legend

Hi marees123,

I don't think this is going to happen....because:

• One must know how this could be done
  • What netcool is and how it can receive external data
  • Create a custom search command that reads in the Splunk search result, process the events and sends it over what ever technique to this netcool

Lots to do for you, you can start here by reading the docs about a custom search command http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.1/AdvancedDev/Searchscripts

I know this not your expected answer, but it's like this - we all can help, but we will not do your work 😉

cheers, MuS

marees123
Path Finder

thanks MuS...yes.. i will read. thanks again.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...