Getting Data In

Monitor CPU Usage on Splunk Forwarder in the Splunk Server

np75014
Explorer

Hi,

My configuration is:
1. A Splunk Server used as a Forwarder who's gathering datas from the local machine
2. A Splunk Server used as Indexer who's indexing and showing those datas on some dashboards

What I need is to show the Splunk Forwarder Server CPU usage on the Splunk Indexer Server but I can't figure a way to do so...
Is there any solutions?

1 Solution

dflodstrom
Builder

Splunk On Splunk, or S.O.S, is an easy way to make this happen. You can get that app here: https://apps.splunk.com/app/748/

You can install the app on both of your servers or just have the app on one and the S.O.S. TA on the other.

Another option, if you're using 6.2.x is to utilize the distributed management console. S.O.S. and the distributed management console are both very useful options that have some overlapping features. S.O.S. isn't officially supported but the DMC is.

View solution in original post

dflodstrom
Builder

@np75014 Any luck?

0 Karma

np75014
Explorer

Thanks. I've been trying it this week and this is doing the job. Actually for a second step i'd like to get thoses datas via the splunk sdk C# so i'm trying to figure a way to work on that.

0 Karma

dflodstrom
Builder

Splunk On Splunk, or S.O.S, is an easy way to make this happen. You can get that app here: https://apps.splunk.com/app/748/

You can install the app on both of your servers or just have the app on one and the S.O.S. TA on the other.

Another option, if you're using 6.2.x is to utilize the distributed management console. S.O.S. and the distributed management console are both very useful options that have some overlapping features. S.O.S. isn't officially supported but the DMC is.

dekuin

Sorry, but I do not see any info about resource usage in DMC/SoS.

In DMC there is only network info (Outgoing Data Rate). In SoS -- only about indexers.

Could you please specify where exactly I should look info about cpu usage of forwarders.

0 Karma

dekuin
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...