Getting Data In

Mark values in Diagram

Linze99
Explorer

Hi,

so I have a Bargraph with many values. The enduser who has to use that bargraph needs to see if the values are over or under certain values at some point. Thats why I want to draw a line at both the max allowed value and the min needed value. I attached a picture of how I want it to look. Is it possible to achieve something like this?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

skrajkumar_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I believe you are trying to add threshold values to your Column chart. If so please try in adding the threshold limits via eval . And add them as chart overlays as shown below

index=_internal sourcetype=splunk* | stats count by sourcetype | eval lower_threshold = 400 | eval higher_threshold = 6000

skrajkumar_splu_0-1635605968695.png

skrajkumar_splu_1-1635606022910.png

View solution in original post

skrajkumar_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I believe you are trying to add threshold values to your Column chart. If so please try in adding the threshold limits via eval . And add them as chart overlays as shown below

index=_internal sourcetype=splunk* | stats count by sourcetype | eval lower_threshold = 400 | eval higher_threshold = 6000

skrajkumar_splu_0-1635605968695.png

skrajkumar_splu_1-1635606022910.png

Linze99
Explorer

Hi again,

I now managed to show these thresholds in my chart. There is one Problem: I need the threshold on the X Axis not on the Y Axis(as I showed in the picture in my initial post above). Is there a way to do that?

0 Karma

Linze99
Explorer

Thanks for the reply,

this seems to be exactly what I need, but I am not able to achieve the same result as you with my chart. I want to show just the value of one particular field and how often the different values exist. I do this via the pivot Tool. I cant find the Overlay option. DoI have to use the eval command?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...