Getting Data In

Local host refused to connect

cscott
Engager

I am unable to connect to the SPLUNK server for my 60-day trial.  I was able to connect yesterday but today I am unable to connect and am getting the following message:  "Hmmm... can't reach this page.  localhost refused to connect" when  I entered:  http://localhost:8000/en-US/account/login?return_to=%2Fen-US%2F   I called Norton and they stated that the firewall is not denying access but the problem is on the SPLUNK server end.  Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

SanjayReddy
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @cscott 

might be chance that Splunk was down, 

from command prompt
cd C:\Program Files\Splunk\bin

run following command 

splunk status ---> if this output shows splunk not running  start splunk using below command

splunk start

----
Regards,
Sanjay Reddy

----
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated

View solution in original post

SanjayReddy
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @cscott 

might be chance that Splunk was down, 

from command prompt
cd C:\Program Files\Splunk\bin

run following command 

splunk status ---> if this output shows splunk not running  start splunk using below command

splunk start

----
Regards,
Sanjay Reddy

----
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated

cscott
Engager

Sanjay, thank you so much.  It worked!!!

Very appreciative cscott_0-1688168282636.png

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...