Getting Data In

LEA Loggrabber CDATA ExecProcessor error

krugger
Communicator

Hi,

I have the lea-loggrabber.sh script correctly pulling data via OPSEC from multiple firewalls. However my logs are being flooded with error messages like below:

05-02-2013 16:00:38.477 +0100 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_opseclea_linux22/bin/lea-loggrabber.sh --configentity Firewall03" sh: ![CDATA[1366363524@Firewall03: No such file or directory

How can I correct this?

1 Solution

krugger
Communicator

This issue keeps spamming my splunkd.log. Had to start discarding stderr by changing the inputs.conf to:

[script:///opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_opseclea_linux22/bin/lea-loggrabber.my --configentity Firewall03 2>/dev/null]
disabled = 0
interval = 600
passAuth = admin
sourcetype = opsec
index = checkpoint

View solution in original post

krugger
Communicator

This issue keeps spamming my splunkd.log. Had to start discarding stderr by changing the inputs.conf to:

[script:///opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_opseclea_linux22/bin/lea-loggrabber.my --configentity Firewall03 2>/dev/null]
disabled = 0
interval = 600
passAuth = admin
sourcetype = opsec
index = checkpoint

krugger
Communicator

This happens because of the shell thinks the ![CDATA is a command to be executed. It can be replicated with:

sh /opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_opseclea_linux22/bin/lea-loggrabber.my --configentity Firewall01 > banana

I had to comment out the part that reads the token:

read auth_key
SPLUNK_TOK=$auth_key
export SPLUNK_TOK

0 Karma

wmccracken

I too am getting these errors. Any idea on how to fix this?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...