Getting Data In

Issue with Windows firewall logs not showing ample information

hassan1214
Loves-to-Learn

Hye !

I am trying to analyze Windoes firewall logs in splunk Enterprsie locally hosted . Follwings have ben done already:

1. Logs are being ingested successfully to server
  2. Can view logs with details
  3. App TA-winfw already installed 

However its missing any IP realetd info like src ip , dst ip and protocol. However I can see these fileds in local file stored at "C:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\Firewall\pfirewall.log"

But dont see any such values into splunk ingested log data . Need help and guidance if I am missing anything ?

Regards

Labels (1)
0 Karma

KendallW
Path Finder

Hi @hassan1214, here's a few things to check to begin troubleshooting this issue:
-Are you running the search in Fast Mode? If so, try running it in Smart Mode.
-Are any of the winfw fields being extracted? Or only Splunk internal fields?
-Check for any parsing issues in the splunkd.log : 

index=_internal sourcetype=splunkd log_level!=INFO source=*splunkd.log *winfw*

The TA uses the following transforms.conf stanza to extract fields. Please check the content of your pfirewall.log matches this format:

DELIMS = " "
FIELDS = date,time,win_action,transport,src,dest,src_port,dest_port,size,tcp_flag,tcpsyn,tcpack,tcpwin,icmptype,icmpcode,info,win_direction

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...