Getting Data In

Is there a current version of Splunk available for Windows Server 2003 32 bit?

acarbajalsal

Is there a current version available for this OS?

Thanks,
Antonio.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

BP9906
Builder

I tried installing 6.3.3 and it failed (error code 1603) due to minimum OS requirements (ie 2003 server not supported).

I have 6.2.2 currently installed on it, so it must have begun with 6.3.x.

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

All support for Windows Server 2003 x86 & x86_64 has been removed with Splunk 6.3.0 as stated in the docs http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.3.0/ReleaseNotes/DeprecatedFeatures#Removed_platforms

cheers, MuS

0 Karma

koshyk
Super Champion

Universal Forwarder or Enterprise?

0 Karma

jmann2118
Explorer

Universal forwarder on Windows 2003 SP2

0 Karma

jmann2118
Explorer

I'm currently running Splunk 6.2.0.237341 on Windows 2003 SP2 with no issues. Once you go to 6.3.x its supposedly wont function. I'm going to test it this week using this old version forwarding to 6.3.3 and will let you know. This would allow you to at least still retrieve the data from the old system but use the current system for the Splunk infrastructure.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...