Getting Data In

Is it possible to set TLS to only one input?

joshuasolman
Loves-to-Learn Everything

Is it possible to set TLS to only one input? For example:

Checkpoint --> TLS --> SC4S --> Splunk

CISCO ASA --> UDP514 --> SC4S --> Splunk

So far, i can only find information about enabling TLS for all, just wondering if i can set it per source.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

based on this      Syslog Source Configuration    You could enable TLS globally or by some default ports like 6514 etc. Have you done the 1st one or second configuration? Usually there are many devices which cannot use TLS, so it's better to enable TLS only on some default ports and leave tcp/514 and ump/514 without it.

r. Ismo

0 Karma

joshuasolman
Loves-to-Learn Everything

isoutamo, thank you for replying!

i think i was misunderstanding those options then assuming they were all grouped up. The first option would be to enable TLS globally, but you can leave that to default (no) and then enable the second option which would be to enable  TLS receiver on whatever port you choose.

Am i right in that assumption?

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
That is how I understand it.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...