Getting Data In

Is it possible to set TLS to only one input?

joshuasolman
Loves-to-Learn Everything

Is it possible to set TLS to only one input? For example:

Checkpoint --> TLS --> SC4S --> Splunk

CISCO ASA --> UDP514 --> SC4S --> Splunk

So far, i can only find information about enabling TLS for all, just wondering if i can set it per source.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

based on this      Syslog Source Configuration    You could enable TLS globally or by some default ports like 6514 etc. Have you done the 1st one or second configuration? Usually there are many devices which cannot use TLS, so it's better to enable TLS only on some default ports and leave tcp/514 and ump/514 without it.

r. Ismo

0 Karma

joshuasolman
Loves-to-Learn Everything

isoutamo, thank you for replying!

i think i was misunderstanding those options then assuming they were all grouped up. The first option would be to enable TLS globally, but you can leave that to default (no) and then enable the second option which would be to enable  TLS receiver on whatever port you choose.

Am i right in that assumption?

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
That is how I understand it.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...