Getting Data In

Is it possible to create a role-based search filter on a specific index?

pkeller
Contributor

We'd like to grant access to an additional index to a role, but we only want the members to be able to view 2 sourcetypes in that index.

I added a role called: foo_filtered
I added a search filter of: "service=Amazon OR service=Ebay" to that role
I gave that role access to an index named "vendor"

Their existing role foo_mail has access to search the "mail" and "spam" indexes.

So, when I add the foo_filtered role to their group, ALL searches (regardless of index) apply the filter. I only want the filter applied if they're searching the "vendor" index.

Is this even possible?
Thank you

0 Karma
1 Solution

masonmorales
Influencer

This is not possible with the current version of Splunk, unfortunately. You can submit an enhancement request on the Support Portal and they might add it in the future though.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

masonmorales
Influencer

This is not possible with the current version of Splunk, unfortunately. You can submit an enhancement request on the Support Portal and they might add it in the future though.

0 Karma

wryanthomas
Contributor

Is this still true?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...