Getting Data In

Is it Possible To Ingest Dell EMC Unity Storage logs?

astackpole
Path Finder

Hello Fellow Splunkers,

I have been looking for a solution to ingest Dell EMC Unity 500 storage logs and my research has basically told me it's not possible...I just find that hard to believe with the power of Splunk so wanted to ask you all if you've seen this ingested before and if so, how?

I saw a similar post with this same question here: https://community.splunk.com/t5/Deployment-Architecture/How-to-add-the-logs-of-EMC-unity-storage-to-... However, it's from 2018 and doesn't appear to have a solid solution linked to it.

Please reach out if you have any suggestions, solutions, or questions!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

CDRCYBR

Hi - I was wondering if you ever identified a method to ingest the data from the EMC Unity into Splunk that wasn't captured in this forum?

0 Karma

astackpole
Path Finder

I did not unfortunately. Our client ended up using a different application and we didn't continue the configuration. 

If you find a solution please feel free to share it here afterwards! 

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm pretty sure one of my customers is sending data from - EMC Unity using syslog.

I'm not sure, however what kind of events are those (I haven't looked into them yet) and I have no idea if that's what you need or if Unity emits other kinds of events using other methods.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...