Getting Data In

Installing Splunk Universal Forwarder on Oracle Linux is having issue

dharshini
Explorer

Hi All,

I have setup Oracle Linux on my VM to collect logs using Universal forwarder. UF not able to start service with error

" bash: ./splunk cannot execute binary file".

I did try using all the available linux versions for the forwarder installation, still the same error.
UF version: 7.2.3 (64bit)

Help point out if I am missing anything important.

Thanks.

0 Karma

mzasoc
Loves-to-Learn Lots

May I know the link where I can download splunk universal forwarded  for Oracle Linux?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

deepashri_123
Motivator

Hey@dharshini,

You can try referring this answer:
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/101245/cannot-execute-binary-file-linux-virtual-machine.html

Let me know if this helps!!

0 Karma

dharshini
Explorer

Thanks for the help. I did check the previous answer and executed file ./splunk command to check if it was 64 bit and verified yes.

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
Ultra Champion

Hi,

Which command are you using to start splunk ? It should be like this $SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk start where $SPLUNK_HOME is your splunk installation directory

0 Karma

dharshini
Explorer

Yes. I have installed on /opt folder and started using this command,

cd /opt/splunkforwarder/bin
./splunk start --accept-license

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
Ultra Champion

Can you please check whether you have downloaded correct version of Splunk Forwarder. You can check splunk executable whether it is 32-bit or 64-bit using command file $SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk and also check your OS version using uname -a both must be 64-bit (I know you have provided this info in your question but just double checking)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...