Getting Data In

Installing Splunk Universal Forwarder on Oracle Linux is having issue

dharshini
Explorer

Hi All,

I have setup Oracle Linux on my VM to collect logs using Universal forwarder. UF not able to start service with error

" bash: ./splunk cannot execute binary file".

I did try using all the available linux versions for the forwarder installation, still the same error.
UF version: 7.2.3 (64bit)

Help point out if I am missing anything important.

Thanks.

0 Karma

mzasoc
Loves-to-Learn Lots

May I know the link where I can download splunk universal forwarded  for Oracle Linux?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

deepashri_123
Motivator

Hey@dharshini,

You can try referring this answer:
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/101245/cannot-execute-binary-file-linux-virtual-machine.html

Let me know if this helps!!

0 Karma

dharshini
Explorer

Thanks for the help. I did check the previous answer and executed file ./splunk command to check if it was 64 bit and verified yes.

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi,

Which command are you using to start splunk ? It should be like this $SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk start where $SPLUNK_HOME is your splunk installation directory

0 Karma

dharshini
Explorer

Yes. I have installed on /opt folder and started using this command,

cd /opt/splunkforwarder/bin
./splunk start --accept-license

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Can you please check whether you have downloaded correct version of Splunk Forwarder. You can check splunk executable whether it is 32-bit or 64-bit using command file $SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk and also check your OS version using uname -a both must be 64-bit (I know you have provided this info in your question but just double checking)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...