Getting Data In

Install another instance with a lower version on Windows Platform?

crt89
Communicator

Good Day,

I have installed the latest Splunk on my test machine (WINDOWS), and I want to install another instance having a much lower version of it. I know it sounds crazy but is it possible without uninstalling the 1st instance? I was always prompt at installing the lower version that I have already a newer version of Splunk installed. I have seen in the wiki page but it was on 2 same splunk versions installed.

Thanks,
crt89

0 Karma
1 Solution

Jason
Motivator

The wiki page describes how you can install multiple versions on windows. (Note that it is annoying, as the MSI installer installs a service and doesn't give you much choice about it.) There's no reason you couldn't install different versions as your additional installations though.

View solution in original post

Jason
Motivator

The wiki page describes how you can install multiple versions on windows. (Note that it is annoying, as the MSI installer installs a service and doesn't give you much choice about it.) There's no reason you couldn't install different versions as your additional installations though.

crt89
Communicator

Thanks for your reply. I decided to uninstall the latest version. Proceeded with the much lower version then the higher version.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...