Getting Data In

Inputs layout

dkuk
Path Finder

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to specify a limit on the number of fieldset inputs that a given view displays on the same line. I.e. lets say we have 10 drop downs and want to oraganise them neatly into 5 rows of two (to categorise them). If the default layout is used (simple XML), the input objects will be organised end to end with a wrap to the next line only occurring when horizontal browser window space runs out. This results in a rather messy layout.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.

Tags (2)

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

In case you (or someone else who stumbles across this question) is still interested in a solution, I have found the following:

The .fieldset .input have display: inline-block, so if you make each of them float: left and every other one clear: both, you get exactly what you need:

.fieldset .input {
    float: left;
}

.fieldset .input:nth-child(odd) {
    clear: both;
}

Another option would be to use jquery and append a break after every other field element.

0 Karma

dkuk
Path Finder

No I'm afraid I ended up working around it.

0 Karma

twinspop
Influencer

Did you find a solution to this problem? I'm in the same boat.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...