Getting Data In

Indexer Clustering: Can one indexer be a member of a local site cluster and a multisite cluster at the same time?

lisaac
Path Finder

Splunk Enterprise 6.2.x - I am wondering if an indexer can be a member of a local site cluster and part of a multisite cluster at the same time? I have some customers that only need an SLA in one data center vs. another customer that needs to have high availability of data. I would accomplish this by having an indexer participate in a local cluster and and a multisite cluster. In reading the documentation, it appears this may work, since the buckets live in different locations on the indexing peers.

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

Short answer: no.

Each indexer can belong to only a single cluster, with one cluster master. A cluster master defines the mode of the cluster: single site or multi-site, but not a mixture.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...