Getting Data In

Indexed logs and subset of logs into different indexes

splunkrocks2014
Communicator

Hi All, I am onboarding data from a heavy forwarder using Splunk TA.  Is it possible to

1) index all logs into one index and route to group A indexers 

2) index subset of logs into another index and route to group B indexers?

Thanks.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @splunkrocks2014,

yes it's possible but in this way, you pay twice the subset of logs sent to both the indexers.

Anyway, to route a subset od data to specific indexers see at https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.2/Forwarding/Routeandfilterdatad#Route_inputs_to_sp...

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

splunkrocks2014
Communicator

Hi Giuseppe, thank you for the quick reply.  There is another challenge that I can only use one input from the TA to pull all events.  Need to break down the events to different indexes and groups of indexers.  

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @splunkrocks2014,

I know that you can use only one input, infact you cannot use two inputs on the same files because they don't work!

So you have to manually modify your outputs.conf as described in the above link and then modify the TAs containing the inputs to only one group on Indexers.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...