Getting Data In

Index time masking maintaining string length (continue)

payl_chdhry
Explorer

Posting a new question similar to my query from post: https://community.splunk.com/t5/Getting-Data-In/Index-time-masking-maintaining-string-length/td-p/51...

I have same requirement but for different  format of string. I am trying to customize the rex/sed (SEDCMD=s/(?=[^\|]+\w{4}]$)./#/g) for this format but have not been able to achieve it yet.

2020-08-19T07:42:38,942 [Engine 9] TRACE MEHSegment WHERE "00" "00000123456                 " 1 240

should give me:

2020-08-19T07:42:38,942 [Engine 9] TRACE MEHSegment WHERE "00" "0000012XXXX                 " 1 240

0 Karma

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

you have shared only one sample event. I have added few more digits to change length and see my regex is working or not. and also it mask only 4 digits always.

[yoursourcetype]
SEDCMD=s/(\"\d{3,})(\d{4})/\1****/g

regex-test.png

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.
0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

s/(\"\d+)(\d{4})/\1####/

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...