Getting Data In

Index time masking maintaining string length (continue)

payl_chdhry
Explorer

Posting a new question similar to my query from post: https://community.splunk.com/t5/Getting-Data-In/Index-time-masking-maintaining-string-length/td-p/51...

I have same requirement but for different  format of string. I am trying to customize the rex/sed (SEDCMD=s/(?=[^\|]+\w{4}]$)./#/g) for this format but have not been able to achieve it yet.

2020-08-19T07:42:38,942 [Engine 9] TRACE MEHSegment WHERE "00" "00000123456                 " 1 240

should give me:

2020-08-19T07:42:38,942 [Engine 9] TRACE MEHSegment WHERE "00" "0000012XXXX                 " 1 240

0 Karma

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

you have shared only one sample event. I have added few more digits to change length and see my regex is working or not. and also it mask only 4 digits always.

[yoursourcetype]
SEDCMD=s/(\"\d{3,})(\d{4})/\1****/g

regex-test.png

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.
0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

s/(\"\d+)(\d{4})/\1####/

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...