Getting Data In

Hunk - SimpleCSVRecordReader

tt1
Explorer

Hi,

I have been recommended the SimpleCSVRecordReader to convert CSV to JSON.

I have tried to set up a Virtual Index Provider, but taking the default settings, but including the following line;

vix.splunk.search.recordreader com.splunk.mr.input.SimpleCSVRecordReader

When I try to use this against a file containing csv data it returns no results, yet by reseting the above line to default it returns results.

Any help appreciated.

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Ledion_Bitincka
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Was that a typo or did you properly set the record reader as follows?

vix.splunk.search.recordreader = com.splunk.mr.input.SimpleCSVRecordReader

View solution in original post

Ledion_Bitincka
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Was that a typo or did you properly set the record reader as follows?

vix.splunk.search.recordreader = com.splunk.mr.input.SimpleCSVRecordReader

tt1
Explorer

Ledion, many thanks for your help, you reminding me of the search.log helped. After checking that and googling the error in that log, I found an answer suggesting that I had chosen the incorrect version of Hadoop in my provider settings.

Selecting the correct version has solved the problem.

Thanks again for answering.

0 Karma

Ledion_Bitincka
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The SimpleCSVRecordReader will only recognize certain file extension by default, you can override the default by setting

vix.splunk.search.recordreader.csv.regex

If that doesn't work, it would be great if you provide a link to the contents of search.log for your search so I can help troubleshoot the issue further

0 Karma

tt1
Explorer

Thanks for answering.

Yes using the web interface I have set vix.splunk.search.recordreader to com.splunk.mr.input.SimpleCSVRecordReader

Also tried

com.splunk.mr.input.SimpleCSVRecordReader, com.splunk.mr.input.ValueAvroRecordReader

as per this link

http://blogs.splunk.com/2013/09/27/hunk-setup-using-hortonworks-hadoop-sandbox/

not a lot out there on this subject.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...