Getting Data In

How to verify the repFactor behavior set up in indexes.conf

GaetanVP
Contributor

Hello Splunkers,

For a specific index I configured repFactor = auto and I suppose that the logs are exactly the same on my two indexers for this specific index. How could I verify that all buckets and data has been correctly replicated ?

When I launch a search on that index, should I see the splunk_server field showing 50% of indexer1 and 50% of indexer2 ?

Thanks for the help,

GaetanVP 

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @GaetanVP,

go in the Master Node [Settings > Indexer Clustering] and check the buckets replication status of your index.

If it's all green, data are completely replicated.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @GaetanVP,

go in the Master Node [Settings > Indexer Clustering] and check the buckets replication status of your index.

If it's all green, data are completely replicated.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can also use the dbinspect command to see where your buckets are and/or /cluster/manager/buckets rest endpoint.

Remember that master doesn't have to have gui enabled.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...