Getting Data In

How to use action.email.reportFileName to remove the automatic timestamp from the csv output filename attached to emails?

kearaspoor
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm looking for an option to remove the automatic timestamp from the csv output filename attached to emails.

According to both the doco (http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.4.3/Admin/Alertactionsconf)
and this answer: https://answers.splunk.com/answers/439644/removing-time-stamp-from-the-emailed-csv-file.html

It sounds like it should be as simple as going into Advanced Edit and adjusting action.email.reportFileName so that the default ($name$-$time:%Y-%m-%d$) is removed and putting in .csv... which I've done.

Any ideas why I'm still getting the default : Searchname-yyyy-mm-dd

We do have a search cluster that I'm not 100% familiar with but I have verified that the Advanced Edit setting replicated to each node. I've even looked at the savedsearches.conf on in the CLI for each node and verified that it has the
action.email.reportFileName =.csv

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

0 Karma
1 Solution

kearaspoor
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Received word from vendor support that this issue is an official bug that should be resolved in version 6.5.1

View solution in original post

0 Karma

kearaspoor
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Received word from vendor support that this issue is an official bug that should be resolved in version 6.5.1

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Did you replace $name$-$time:%Y-%m-%d$ with .csv? The .csv extension is added automatically, you should just remove the timestamp ports which is -$time:%Y-%m-%d$.

0 Karma

kearaspoor
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Sorry! Didn't realize that my original post cut out some information regarding the file name.

I've tried removing the -$time:%Y-%m-d$ as you recommend, leaving just $name$
I've also tried removing the entire default ($name$-$time:%Y-%m-%d$) and manually entering just a filename without the .csv at the end.
And I've also tried removing the entire default, manually entering the filename with the .csv at the end.

All of them end up with the default ($name$-$time:%Y-%m-%d$) as the results.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...