Getting Data In

How to use 24-hour clock in the US Local?

lyndac
Contributor

Using SPLUNK 6.2.1 - How do I display all my date/times using the 24-hour clock? I want to keep the US Local for the date, but have the time show as 17:33;33 instead of 5:33:33.

I have seen some posts for version 4.1.1, but have not seen answers for the more recent versions.

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

lguinn2
Legend

You can still use a different locale in your browser; that will work. Use en-GB instead of en-US

View solution in original post

lguinn2
Legend

You can still use a different locale in your browser; that will work. Use en-GB instead of en-US

lyndac
Contributor

Yes, I did do that and it works. Wasn't sure what side-effects that might have (if any)

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

No side-effects! In the actual indexes, Splunk stores all timestamps in Linux epoch time, with a timezone of UTC.

When Splunk displays times, it takes into account the user's timezone setting and the browser setting.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...