Getting Data In

How to send data to a custom index which is currently being sent to main index?

amulay26
Path Finder

Am trying to solve a problem here. The inputs.conf for one of the monitoring stanza on the forwarder had index = main . I changed the inputs.conf on Deployment server and defined index = a and enabled restart splunkd. Am able to see an updated inputs.conf with index = a under the monitoring stanza. However, when I do a btool, I still see index = main for the same monitoring stanza.

How do I send data to index = a instead of index = main?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

pramit46
Contributor

Please check whether or not you are using the correct serverclass. Perhaps the configuration is not even getting pushed into the forwarder. Hence even if you change on the DS, the FWD still shows the older version.

0 Karma

amulay26
Path Finder

The serverclass is correct too.

0 Karma

amulay26
Path Finder

I did a btool as well. There is no alternate inputs.conf on the Forwarder.

0 Karma

Mayurmpatil
Path Finder

Hello @amulay26 - may be there is one more inputs.conf in some other app or system local in your splunk enterprise.
with below command please find it.

/opt/splunk/bin/splunk cmd btool inputs list --debug | grep index

you will get all the inputs.conf files splunk is using in you environment .

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...