Getting Data In

How to pull in logs from User's Appdata

vishalduttauk
Path Finder

Hi there,

I am trying to ingest data which is stored within the profile of a user's AddData location:

C:\Users\(User ID)\AppData\Local\UiPath\Logs but can't pull in any events. I've tried lots of different stanzas

[monitor://C:\Users\DKX*\AppData\
[monitor://C:\Users\DKX$\AppData\
[monitor://C:\Users\...\AppData\
[monitor://C:\Users\%userprofile%\AppData\

Any idea why it isn't working? I know i've not added in all my stanza attempts but could it be due to the Splunk service account not having access to that location?

Labels (2)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Please detail what is mean by "it isn't working".  What happens when you try those monitor stanzas?  What errors are reported?  Does the account running Splunk have read access to the files?  Why do you your monitor stanza names end with "AppData" when you want to ingest "AppData\Local\UiPath\Logs"?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...