Getting Data In

How to pull Sharepoint document library meta data into Splunk?

tesorrells

I want to create a Splunk app that uses document meta data from a document library to create reports based on their meta data tags. An example would be, these 6 documents have a meta data tag that correlates to an item. I want to be able to say, this item needs 10 documents, show that it is only 60% complete. What would be the best way to do this?

0 Karma

tesorrells

We figured it out. We are going to use a REST API call to pull the metadata from the list and then use another REST call to pull user data to correlate the sharepoint IDs with user IDs. From there we can either dump it straight into splunk or format it, either way will work.

0 Karma

FRBPISA
Engager

would you be willing to share how you set up the REST input?

Thanks

0 Karma

tesorrells

bump because I really need some help

0 Karma

rafamss
Contributor

tesorrells,

Do you need put the metadata of Sharepoint's that are generated in some file? Or you want to integrate the database of Sharepoint with Splunk?

0 Karma

tesorrells

I have a sharepoint that contains a document repository. Each document contains metadata such as who created it, which item it belongs to, etc. I want to use splunk to track how many documents a person creates/approves/etc.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...