Getting Data In

How to install the latest Splunk Universal Forwarder for Windows XP?

nmar190

Hi,

I have been trying to install a Splunk Universal Forwarder using "splunkforwarder-6.1.11-277527-x86-release.msi" on Windows XP. Install fails at the end of Install process and rolls back installation. Our clients have both Win XP and Win 7 machines, so I would not like to maintain 2 different Forwarder versions.

Can Splunk fix the issue in their MSI package so it can be installed on Windows XP (Embedded)

FYI: The only version I found works on Windows XP is splunkforwarder-5.0.5-179365-x86-release.msi. I tried to upgrade to latest after this install but it fails.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

0 Karma
1 Solution

dshpritz
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Per the previous releases page, 5.0.17 is the last version of the Splunk forwarder that supports XP. I don't expect that Splunk is interested in supporting XP in anything past that. Even Win7 isn't supported by the latest version of Splunk (6.5 drops Win7 support). Sorry.

View solution in original post

dshpritz
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Per the previous releases page, 5.0.17 is the last version of the Splunk forwarder that supports XP. I don't expect that Splunk is interested in supporting XP in anything past that. Even Win7 isn't supported by the latest version of Splunk (6.5 drops Win7 support). Sorry.

rapmancz
Explorer

I found here https://www.splunk.com/page/previous_releases#x86windows that version 6.0.14 also supports XP.

0 Karma

nmar190

Thank you for quick response. I wish I can make XP boxes disappear from our client base :).

For now I have to maintain both versions of Forwarders!!!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...