Getting Data In

How to feed propriety format machine data to splunk

harshal_chakran
Builder

Hi Team,

I have logs from some Network Propriety tools, which can be opened in the tools specified by that specific vendor only. The tool doesn't provide me to convert into txt or any other readable format. Also I do not have options to stream the data over TCP/UPD.

Can you suggest me how to deal with this? because when this data is directly feeded to splunk, it shows only junk characters.

Tags (4)
0 Karma
1 Solution

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi harshal_chakranarayan,

this is no Splunk problem, but a problem on How do I get this data out of this program in human readable format ..... the best way to do this, consult the software's documentation or ask the vendor.

If you manage to get around this, it simple to add it into Splunk either by monitoring the output or using some scripted inputs or what ever your preferred method is.

cheers, MuS

View solution in original post

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi harshal_chakranarayan,

this is no Splunk problem, but a problem on How do I get this data out of this program in human readable format ..... the best way to do this, consult the software's documentation or ask the vendor.

If you manage to get around this, it simple to add it into Splunk either by monitoring the output or using some scripted inputs or what ever your preferred method is.

cheers, MuS

yuwtennis
Communicator

Are there any API's for this product? Or if its installed in regular OS , then perhaps
monitor syslog or eventlog?

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...