Getting Data In

How to exclude duplicate Data while onboaring the data in below scenerio

vikram1583
Explorer

I have a python script with runs daily and saves output in csv file 

for example: if i run that script  today it will get the data from april 1st to today date(04/21/2021) and if i run tomorrow it will get the data from april 1st to tomorrow date (04/22/2021) and with different file name every time we run 

i want to onboard this data into splunk with out duplicate data 

how can we do that? 

we have a field name called start_time   this field we are taking as time field 

for example: start_time field value = 04/21/2021 10.30

example: start_time field value = 04/22/2021 10.30

Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
0 Karma

venkatasri
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi,

Then Splunk avoids re-indexing duplicate data which is built-in, have you configured the monitors then share inputs.conf and sample data files.

0 Karma

venkatasri
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @vikram1583 

How the data looks like in both files they change every time script runs? 

Instead index both files and remove duplicates using Splunk commands like - dedup, dc etc... depends on your use case.

----------------------------------------------

An upvote would be appreciated if it helps!

0 Karma

vikram1583
Explorer

Hi @venkatasri  thanks for your response.  its not about only 2 files i will run that script every day if i inject those files everyday license usage will increase so i just want to inject new data 

0 Karma

vikram1583
Explorer

data will be same for previous dates it just adds new data for current date 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...